Resting Beauty

Resting Beauty
Be at peace with your inner self.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

BUGS and SUCH!

   The following is a true account of an experience I had in a childrens ER as a resident.
    What brings you here today? I said to the childs mother.
     He got a bug in his ear. She responded.
     He has what? I asked.
     A bug crawled right in his ear at home and now he wont quit the crying!!
     So I examined the childs ear with two nurses assistance. Sure enough he had a cockroach in his right ear. I proceeded to use forceps to remove the dead bug. After I was done he was much relieved as i am sure it was putting pressure on his eardrum. The mother and child walked out of the ER much happier. I felt like an exterminator at that moment more than a doctor, but I realized how much that simple procedure had helped the child. It is the little things we do for others as people or healthcare providers that sometimes mean the most to to our friends, patients and people we meet each day.
   
     Tip: should you or anyone you know ever have an insect crawl in your ear it will drive you crazy, especially if they have wings. To remove it take a flashlight and go into the darkest room in the house, a closet or a bathroom and hold the flashlight up to the ear. The insect will come out to the light and everything will be better!!!

      Joke for today;  Why was the saucepan always getting in trouble?

                               ( He was too hot to handle!!!!!)

                                                                   
                                                                        12-1-11
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How scary, I can only imagine the pain! Good to know a "fix" just in case we are out in the camper away from medical care.